Congressional Ballroom CC
Publishing Disrupted: New Models of Digital Transformation
Steven Heffner, Vice President, Product Strategy, Wolters Kluwer
Digital Publishing continues to advance the next generation in business models, platform, AI, machine learning, etc. How will associations and industry partner or compete in addressing an increasing and more sophisticated audience as the lines of just-in-time performance support and learning begin to blur?
CEOs face a plethora of strategic challenges and critical decisions posed by digitization of their businesses that are changing association landscapes today and could dramatically impact the future. From emerging and new competitors, cost transparency and product commoditization pressures, converging global flows and the competition for talent. Associations connect and engage people, places and things bringing efficiencies, speed and relevancy to their businesses and key stakeholders.
Steven Heffner has been involved in the publishing industry for nearly 30 years, with editorial and management positions in the STM, business, policy, and trade sectors. He is currently the Vice President of Product Strategy at Wolters Kluwer Health responsible for digital institutional products in education, practice, and research. Steven serves on the board of the scholarly dark archive CLOCKSS, the Executive Committee of the Association of American Publishers’ Professional and Scholarly Publishing section, and is Co-Chair of the annual PROSE awards for excellence in scholarly publishing.
- Identify and understand insights and strategies from digital leaders who have begun their own digital transformation journeys for publications and related learning content.
- Learn the data and trends that could redefine the digital organization (and competition).
- Are books dead? No, not yet. Content is still a key driver in use, purchase behavior, etc. Young people use books differently – and it is critical for organizations to understand their needs and usage behaviors and preferences. Content must be delivered in new ways to be flexible, convenient and accessible to a new modern learner.
This presentation will be followed by a panel discussion.
Moderated by Ellen Moore, Principal, Digital Transformation Readiness Assessment (DTRA) model, Past Chief Learning Officer, AAOS and featuring panelists:
- Dana Rehm, Senior Vice President Marketing Communication and Engagement, American Geophysical Union
- Katie Feltman – American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Chief Content Officer
- Joe Vallina, MBA, MSM, CAE, Director, Product Management, Nursing Knowledge Center, American Nurses Association
Also during this session
You may also choose during this time to visit the Tech Pods in the Fusion e.comm.unity Resource Center to receive a hands-on demo or presentation with some of the hottest technology innovators coming out of Austin's Capital Factory and with members of the digitalNow Community. POD presentations are being held from 10:50 - 11:20 am.
Select thought leaders and technology innovators will be available in the Collaboration Lounge to have small-group conversations with leaders who want to take the conversation about their digital transformation to the NeXT level.